- Computers are available for public use at both branches, free of charge, with a valid Library card.
- You must present your library card each time you wish to use a computer. Only the cardholder may use the computer. Library Cards may not be shared.
- The computer area closes 15 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Computers are all connected to high speed internet.
- Each Public Workstation has Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher installed.
- Internet usage on public computers is restricted to 30 minutes per session; however Library staff has the discretion to increase session length during non-peak seasons. Session time limits are posted in the computer area.
- There is no restriction on the number of daily internet sessions you may use provided there is no one waiting to use a computer.
- Computers are available on a first come basis and may not be reserved.
- Children must be 8 years old in order to use the public workstations. Children under 8 may use the computer in the children's area that is not connected to the internet.
- Make sure to save your work to a portable storage device before your time is up or it will be erased from the computer. You cannot save anything to our computers.
- Cell phones must be turned off in the library.
- Black & white printing is available at $ .20 per page, and colour printing is available at $ .40 per page
- At this time, you are not able to print directly to the Library printers from the wi-fi network. Please save your files to a portable storage device and use a public workstation to print.
For more information about computer usage, please view our policies on Computer Use and Internet Access as well as Acceptable Use Policy.
View the Computer Use and Internet Access Policy (PDF)
View the Internet Acceptable Use Policy (PDF)
Please contact the Director of Technical Services if you have any questions or for more information.